Here is a guide to the care and feeding of a sourdough starter, in the form of a downloadable booklet. It contains most of the advice I’ve been sharing with people for the past few years, whenever I give them some of my starter.
This sourdough guide contains:
- How to store your starter
- How to feed your starter
- An easy method to make a basic loaf of bread
- Scheduling/timing for making bread in winter and summer
- Tips for better sourdough bread
- Adding flavour
- Out of bread? Can’t wait two days for a loaf?
- Health and wellbeing of your starter
Download the sourdough guide:
- Spinster’s Bayley Sourdough Guide – A5 folded booklet (choose this if you use A4 size paper)
- Spinster’s Bayley Sourdough Guide – plain document (choose this if you use letter size paper – the foldable booklet probably won’t work for you)
Like what you see here? Subscribe to my Tinyletter newsletter for other recipes, tips, and thoughts on resilient living.